Wearable activity trackers are big news right now, with dozens of devices claiming to help users improve their health and fitness. But with all the choices out there, how do you know which activity tracker is the best for you? Here are some questions to ask oneself for a smart choice:
HERE ARE A FEW THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE YOU PICK AN ACTIVITY TRACKER:
- What are your goals? Do you want to be more active, lose weight, sleep better, improve your overall health—or all of the above? A tracker that only tells you about your activity level or your sleep might not be the best solution if you’re looking for a complete picture of what you eat, drink, and do 24/7.
- Is it easy? If an activity tracker is too hard to use—for example, by requiring manual input of food or activities—it might end up collecting dust in a drawer. Look for an activity tracker that provides as much “hands off” automation as possible.
- Can you wear it all day? Activity trackers that are designed to be worn only during exercise miss a big part of the overall picture. Look for a tracker you can wear around the clock—including while you’re sleeping or taking a shower. (Which means it should be waterproof.)
- Where does it get its data? Look for a tracker that gets insights from your body—for example, an accelerometer or a heart rate monitor to calculate activity and exertion—rather than relying on estimates or averages.
- Does it give you more than just numbers? When it comes to data, you can definitely have too much of a good thing. Make sure your tracker provides usable information and insights to help you understand and improve your health.
- Is it “smart?” There’s so much you can learn from your activity tracker itself. Make sure your activity tracker connects wirelessly to a smartphone app so you can have easy access to all your data.
- How important are appearances? Activity trackers come in lots of different colors and styles. When you’re making your choice, consider whether you want a fashion accessory, or a device that truly provides insights that will improve your life.
Still not sure which activity tracker is best for you?
Healbe GoBe™ is not just another activity tracker—it’s the Original 100% Automatic Body Manager. GoBe is the only way to automatically measure calorie intake. GoBe also tracks calories burned during any activity, plus hydration, sleep, and stress—all with no logging and no estimates.
Only GoBe uses Healbe FLOW™ Technology, the patented innovation that combines data from three sensors—a pressure sensor, an impedance sensor, and an accelerometer—with an advanced algorithm to turn information from your own body into valuable health insights, streamed effortlessly to your smartphone.
Please note that HEALBE GoBe2 is not responsible for any content that purports to give medical advice or advice regarding fitness training, exercise, or diet. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and prior to starting a diet or physical fitness program.