Date last updated: November 27, 2019
This Policy is subject to the provisions our Terms of Service, which are incorporated by reference. To see the Terms of Service click here.
Personal Information That We Collect
Your Healbe Products work in conjunction with a user account on Healbe.com and the Healbe mobile application (a “User Account”). You can alter and correct any personal information created within the Product and Service by logging into your User Account on your mobile device. We collect the following types of Personal information through your use of the Healbe Products and your User Account:
Information You Provide:
- When you purchase something from our online store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
- When you sign up for a Healbe User Account, you are required to provide an email address and to create an account password (collectively, the “Registration Information”).
- You can add additional personal details to your User Account, such as height, weight, gender, age, and address.
When you send an inquiry to our help desk or otherwise communicate with us in electronic form, we store these communications on our servers, together with your other Personal Information.
Information We Automatically Collect:
- When your Healbe Product is synched with your User Account, we automatically collect information relating to your calorie intake, calories burned, heart rate, stress level, hydration levels, heart rate, blood pressure, and sleep status (the “Physical Information”), as well as statistical information about your use of Healbe Product, such as frequency, quality of skin contact, etc., which is transmitted wirelessly from your Healbe Product to your User Account.
- We collect industry standard log data about the browser and operating system you are using (whether on the web or a mobile platform), the address of the external or internal page that referred you, your IP address at the time of account creation, session times and duration, and keep a log of the frequency of your use and of the pages that you visit on the Services in association with your IP address.
- We collect location data provided by your mobile device. You must first enable location services when you download the Healbe mobile application or an updated version of the application. You can then turn location on and off within the application to activate optional features. You can opt-out of location services at any time.
How We May Use Your Information
- Healbe currently uses the information that you provide or that we automatically collect to:
- Provide you with the Service;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Aggregate and generate reports using the Physical Information and any other information you’ve added to your User Account;
Analyze Healbe Product and Service, including your use of Healbe Product and Service and the success of our proprietary algorithm with respect to your use;
- Deliver to you any administrative notices and communications relevant to your use of the Healbe Products and Service;
Provide you with updates regarding Healbe Products and Service;
- Customize Product and Service offerings and recommendations to you, including third-party products and offerings;
Solely with your consent, for our promotional purposes;
- Link or combine with information we get from other users and third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better Services;
- Perform internal market research, project planning, troubleshoot problems, improve Healbe Products and Service and detect and protect against error, fraud or other criminal activity;
- Enforce the Healbe Terms of Service.
In the event that Healbe intends to use your personal information for purposes other than those listed in this Policy, we will first notify you by e-mail at the address on file with us and/or post a notice of the changes on our Site and/or on social media platforms that we utilize to communicate with our users.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Healbe may also share your personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, analytics, order fulfillment, product delivery, customer data management, customer research and the like. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever Healbe does business.
We may also share with third parties or publish aggregated, anonymized or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you. For example, we may share, including, without limitation, in articles, blog posts and scientific publications, general age demographic information and aggregate statistics from data collected to help identify patterns across users.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users or if we are required to do so by any applicable law, rule, regulation, subpoena or other legal process. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Cookies and Other Technology
The Healbe Site and Service may use “cookies” and other technologies such as pixel tags and web beacons.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers in the form of text files that are inserted and stored by your Web browser on your computer’s hard drive. These technologies tell us which parts of our website you have visited, limit the number of times you see a Healbe offer, or help us better determine which Healbe offers you may like to see or to alert you to software compatibility issues. They are also used to analyze and improve our Service’s design and functionality.
If you choose to delete cookies from your device or block them from being stored on your device, please note that the full functionality of the Service may not be available to you.
“Web beacons” are images embedded in a Web page or email for the purpose of measuring and analyzing Site usage and activity. Healbe, or third party service providers acting on our behalf, may use Web beacons to help us analyze Site usage and improve the Service.
We use search and display advertising so you can find opportunities to purchase Healbe Products and retargeting cookies to present you with Healbe advertising on other sites based on your interaction on our website. We believe that consumers should exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information, which is why we disclose the cookies used on our website and provide links to opt-out of those collection practices. Although we would like to honor those browsers that are set with a Do Not Track signal, at the present time we are unable to honor those signals. Cookies and other technologies we use may include the following:
- ApNexus — The ApNexus Cookies page provides information about their cookie and gives you the option to opt out-of this program.
- DetaXu — The DetaXu Data Collection for our Platform page explains their privacy practices and gives you the option to opt-out of this program.
Third Party Products or Services Offered Through the Healbe Site
Third parties offering products or services will not be given your personal information without your explicit permission.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 13. If we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personally identifying information, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Email Communications From Us
We may provide our registered customers with periodic summaries of their User Account data and email alerts. We also allow users to subscribe to email newsletters and from time to time may transmit emails promoting Healbe or third-party goods or services.
Healbe subscribers have the ability to opt-out of receiving our summaries and promotional emails and to terminate their newsletter subscriptions by following the instructions provided in such emails.
Opting out in this manner will not end transmission of service-related emails, such as email alerts.
We use a combination of firewall barriers, encryption techniques and authentication procedures, among others, to maintain the security of your data and to protect Healbe accounts and systems from unauthorized access.
When you register for the Service, Healbe requires a password from you for your privacy and security. This password is stored in an encrypted fashion on our systems.
It is important to understand that these precautions apply only to our Site and systems. We exercise no control over how your information is stored, maintained or displayed by third parties or on third-party sites.
Updates to this Policy
We may update this Policy periodically. Changes take effect immediately upon posting.
If you have questions, comments, concerns or feedback regarding this Policy or any other privacy or security concern, send an e-mail to us at email@example.com.
The procedure for revoking your consent for using your Personal Data
You have the right to revoke your consent for us to use your Personal Data at any time. To ensure your rights and liberties are protected, upon your request, we stop processing your personal data within 30 days from the date of the receipt of withdrawal of your consent provided there are no other legal basis for personal data processing stipulated by the applicable law. If you want to revoke your consent for us to use your Personal Data, send us an email with your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can send us a personal data consent withdrawal under subject “Personal Data Processing Consent Withdrawal”) including information on the purposes for which your data was provided to us and context of our processing activities to the following email address: email@example.com.